Wetland Interpretation Day

1. What worked in my station?

-What really worked at my station was the repetition of questions. This reminded the students of the main points and helped it stick in their heads. The games also gave the students a picture of what we were talking about. The activity where we put the tarp over the children really gave them a picture of what the earth would be like if lots of greenhouse gases were in the air.


2. What didn’t work at my station?

-The only one problem we had at our station was that the kids didn’t remember the names of the gases or where the gases came from.


3. What was a difficulty I didn’t expect?

-I didn’t expect that the kids would be so distracted after lunch. At some points it was hard to keep them from wondering around and talking.


4. Were there outstanding students at my station? Why?

-Yes there some outstanding students. I think that was because they were more interested in the wetlands and about learning and teaching more.


5. What could we do better?

-We could have more pictures to show the gases and maybe have an activity where the the students could pin the causes to the types of greenhouse gases. This would encourage them to remember the gases and there causes.


6. My comments.

-I think the day went fairly well. The kids learnt lots and I have a few tell me that it was the best field trip.  The games helped the children understand the concepts, but I think more pictures would help the students remember the smaller details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tilden’s Principles of Interpretation

The Most Important Thing About Wetlands

Interpretation